Monday 1 February 2016

Milford Hospice 10 km walk


So it's February 1st and lots of us have let our goals for the year slip or like me we are excelling in our goals! I must say I'm loving my new ways and very proud of myself. Yesterday I achieved my first 10km in the wind and rain in aid of Milford Hospice in Limerick. I'm extremely proud of my mother who throughout the walk pushed herself and achieved something she hasn't done in a while. She isn't one for fitness so struggled but pushed through the wall at 4km and made it to the finish and even running the track at the end.


I'm sure a lot of people are hitting a slump but my advice is knock the wall down with both hands and push through it. My saving grace at the moment is my personal trainer Leanne Moore. We meet once a week and she has inspired me to do things I never knew possible! Although my first session I ended up seeking refuge in the women's bathroom ( I will let you guess why), I'm still going back for more.
I will do a full blog post with all her details and links to her youtube videos which I find great for at home workouts.
Hopefully in May I will be running the 10km and glad to have inspired my mum to do it also.
Here's to setting and reaching our goals #yolo
Love
Patricia xx
Check out David's page here David Woodland Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment