Saturday 2 April 2016

Clare's Wish Foundation newest volunteer!

Clare's Wish Foundation 

So as everyone knows I'm training for the Great Limerick Run which is happening on the May Bank Holiday weekend in Limerick. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never really done anything for charity. I've done bits and pieces but nothing much. I'm super excited and proud of the fact I've finally done something about it. I met Kevin Clancy through twitter and met with him and what can i say i was engrossed in his amazing story. Clare's Wish Foundation is the only Irish charity granting wishes for adults with terminal and life threatening illnesses. Kevin founded the foundation in 2013 and has currently granted 24 wishes. I'm delighted to be part of something that excites me and if I can bring happiness into the lives of the wishers it would be a fantastic achievement for me personally.


I'm currently bombarding everyone for sponsorship but if you can help in any way I've put up the text line where you can donate just €4 which goes towards helping us grant wishes.
Our next big event is happening on the 24th of April in the Radison Blu Hotel & Spa in Limerick supported by Hillary Thompson Modelling Agency and will run from 3-6pm with the fashion show at 5pm. A €5 admission donation will be accepted at the door and goes directly to the wish fund. The Radison is offering a free glass of punch on arrival and €1000 off any wedding booked on the day for 2016.



So there you have it! A great event not to be missed and also  a great charity to support so what are you waiting for??? Get texting or drop me a mail on patricialowe1978@gmail.com if you wish to sponsor me for the run. Check out their Facebook page here and will you be there????




No comments:

Post a Comment