Monday 14 November 2016

To Cleanse or not to Cleanse...

So I'm trying my best at treating my skin with the best of products and of course taking my vitamins everyday to help keep my ageing skin looking flawless. Now I must say I am okay with using a face wipe after a night out as the last thing I want to do is do 3 steps of cleansing when I get in at stupid o'clock.
I've never used soap on my skin as I believe it's very drying on the skin and I think nowadays it's "not in fashion" anymore.
I'm ashamed to say for the first 25 years of my life I never cleansed, put moisturiser anywhere near my face or never took my makeup off after a night out. I know I know I still look amazing "cough cough". I suppose if bloggers were around when I was young I think they would have definitely influenced me into taking more care of my skin.
I'm 38 this year and it's telling on my skin..Yes the wrinkles are appearing and I'm told it's never too late to look after your skin.
I've come up with my top picks of products and tips so hopefully you might take something from it.

No.1 Always use a moisturiser with a sunscreen added. As we all know the sun is a huge factor in ageing skin so every little helps. As working in pharmacy we stock value ranges like Simple. They have a moisturiser with and SPF 30 and at a really good price of around  €6.50!

No.2 Cleanse twice a day. I prefer my nighttime cleanse as I spend more time doing it. It's removes all the pollutants of the day. I like using Micellar Water and a cleansing pad. Simple but effective and all skin types can use it depending on formulation. Loads of brands have brought out their own type of Micellar Water but my favourites are Garnier 4.99 for 400mls or the more expensive Avene €21.99 for 400mls.

No.3 Clean your brushes at least once a week. The amount of bacteria that grows on brushes is shocking and brush cleaners are cheap now as Pennys have them.

No.4 Exfoliate your skin at least once a week. This helps in taking away dead cells on your face resulting in  smoother and brighter skin.Just like any cleanser find one that suits your skin type.

No.5 Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water. Eat foods also high in antioxidant like blackberries,blueberry or strawberries to help your skin become more vibrant.
There are so many products out there we are spoilt for choice. If you have any tips I would love to here them and will definitely do another blog post on it as I think there are so many more options out there.
Hope you have a great week
Patricia xx

2 comments:

  1. Trish you should have a look at The Ordinary brand from the Abnormal Beauty Co.. They have hylauronic acid & rose hip oil at pretty reasonable prices compared to better known brands products. Nothing extra in them like perfume just pure what it says on the tin! I love them and I look amazing :O)))))

    ReplyDelete